Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Seven more weeks update

I totally forgot to blog an update last week.  There's really not to much new to report.  I had my first appointment with my new Oncologist, Dr. Cohen on April 2nd.   His style is totally different than Dr. Tang.  I can't say I liked him very much.  He seems like he is in a big hurry to get rid of me.  I also didn't like that he made a joke about my hearing loss, I don't find that funny.  I struggle with missing what is said to me.   I also got the feeling he doesn't like questions being asked, because he changes the subject and goes onto something else.  All that being said, I will see what my next appointment is like and give him the benefit of the doubt.  

On a happier note, my hair has started to grow back.  Happy about my head but not so much about my facial hair and legs, LOL.  My weight has been staying steady, but I will be vigilant about watching it doesn't start going back up.  It's been great being able to eat things that taste normal.  My love of pasta, french fries and ice cream to name a few.  I don't know if I mentioned a few things that got me through the worst days.  I ate lots of chicken with rice soup, Boost protein shakes and Liquid IV water supplements.  

I'm still struggling with the peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet.  I would say that's my biggest complaint right now.  It's hard to walk normally when you can't feel your feet.  I 'm constantly dropping things too, because my fingers are numb.  Hopefully this will go away eventually.

I'm looking forward to some warmer weather.  My happy place is outside on my deck, enjoying the warm sun on my face.  Soon the community pool will be opening as well.  I guess I'd better think about buying a few smaller swimsuits.  That will make me happy! 🩱💕😁

No comments:

Post a Comment