Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Six week Update

1t's hard to believe it's been six weeks since I finished chemo treatments. Yesterday I went back to the infusion center for my first maintenance IV of Keytruda. This isn't something new, I've been getting Keytruda for the past three months along with the chemo drugs. Since it's only one 30 minute IV, I'm not hanging out there all day like before. I only have to go again in six weeks.

 

I received a letter notifying me that my Oncologist, Dr. Tang is leaving RWJ/Barnabas Health. He's moving to Atlanta, Ga. Although I will miss him, I wish him well. I could not have been in better hands.

 

To update the progress I'm making, several things have improved. I had a CT scan to compare with the one I had before I received treatment. The new scan didn't show any abnormalities. In other words, the chemo did its job and kicked a$$. I'm still experiencing numbness in my fingers and feet. My sense of taste is slowly starting to get better. Dr. Tang said my hair should start to grow back as well. I have to work on getting my muscle tone in my legs back. I'm looking forward to warmer weather so I can get outside again.

           I will do another update in six more weeks, until then                            stay healthy and safe 💘🙏🙏💘

4 comments:

  1. This makes me happier than you will ever know!! NANCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news.Keep on truck in’!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your strength amazes me! Love, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always better when you have someone to be there and to support of you both together
    Love you always

    ReplyDelete